Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall Plants

Big Bluestem Prairie Grass
There are accounts of frontiersmen riding horses through the prairie grass in northeast Ohio.  The accounts say that the grass came to the horses backs.  This was in the 1750's while our our state was being settled.  Big Bluestem was one of these grasses.  I have thought that it is beautiful for a long time.  

Upland Bent Grass and Goldenrod
I am looking forward to using the above technique with the grass mentioned under this shot as the season progresses.  I have long been captivated by its beauty even late into fall and early winter.  When the season progresses to the point that I am looking for any color, this grass provides it.

Tall Sunflower
This plant gives me joy as I behold it.  The yellow is a happy color!  This is a short specimen.  I was able  to look down on it to make this image.  I am always pleased to find a plant short enough that I can view the flower.  I like the texture and colors provided by the grass in the background.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: