Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Frog Pond Two Ways

Frog Pond
Yes, its filling.  The vegetation in it will change as it refills.  The Cattails will remain but the grasses and other plants will not survive.

Frog Pond
We had a misty morning today.  No sunrise but the light was great for saturation.  I walked around looking for colors.  I wanted at least two which pleased my eye.  When I found what I wanted, I shot with a technique advocated by photographer, William Neill.  I used a slow shutter and moved the camera, in this case vertically, while the shutter was open.  A scene like the top shot could be considered pretty cluttered, where as; in this shot, same scene, it gives more of a feeling.  It conveys an impression of the scene.  To my eye, the bottom shot is much more pure and evocative.  I hope you like it.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



 

No comments: