Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I photograph to see.

Long-jawed Orb Weaver
I understand that there are many species of this spider.  I have never caught one but I wondered how it got its name.  The other day I made this image.  When I take it home to the computer, part of my work flow is to view it at 100%, meaning that I look at the individual pixels.  I am looking first of all for sharpness.
Long-jawed Orb Weaver
This is section of the above shot inverted.  I just realized that I may be throwing you a curve by inverting it.  Sorry!  I look for the eyes to see if they are sharply focused.  When doing so, I can also look at the rest of the spider.  I have another shot, below, which shows a good view of the long jaws.  Incidentally, it looks to me like the web filaments come from the head end of the spider.

Long-jawed Orb Weaver
You can see what I suppose are the long jaws in this shot.

Long-jawed Orb Weaver
This is the view at 100%.  He/she does not have a very pretty face but then what spider does?


Blog

 feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: