Thursday, September 16, 2010

Background composition and a correction

Spider Web Dew
I like the colors of this one.  Some folks are particularly interested in the colors contained in the image.  They want the colors to match their decorating scheme.  This one might appeal to them.  Technically, I wanted more of the spider web sharp.  I used f/8 to maximize sharpness but the depth-of-field was not deep enough.  I am discovering that composition of the back ground is important on one like this.  The composition of the background, though out of focus, works better on this one than some of the others I captured that day.
I find that I chose the first on over this one, even though the spider web is in better focus.  I think it is because of the composition of the out of focus background.

On another topic, my mission, as stated, is to make "artfully photographed, content specific images."  The "rainbow" at GNC turns out to have been a Sun-dog  The scientific name is "parhelion" according to Wikipedia.  Thanks to Jeff Sprang for pointing that out to me.

My blog is located at http://larryatlarrysimages.blogspot.com/ .  There is also a link to it at http://www.larrysimages.com .  If you are using a reader and wish to subscribe, the feed would be the location with atom.xml after the last "/".

No comments: