Sunday, October 13, 2019

Anatase



Anatase
It as been some time since I showed Anatase.  This is a new, to me, sample:  Anatase_Poudrette_Qy._Mt._St._Hilaire_Canada.  I shot this with a Pentax 200mm mounted on 68mm with a nikon 10x objective.

Anatase without the Extention
This is the same setup minus the 68mm extention. 

Anatase is a form of Titanium Dioxide, usually found as brown crystals, used as a pigment in paints and inks.  TiO2    It crystalizes in the Tetragonal system.  Named by Rene Just Hauy.  Thanks Wikipedia.

Anatase
This is a sample I've shown before:  Anatase_jones_mill_magnet_cove_arkansas.  Some of you might recognize it.  It's a new stack dated 9-19-19.

Anatase (same sample)
I had a viewer question me about the "electric blue" crystal beside of it.  I think this shot shows that the crystal is blue through and is therefore also Anatase.

No comments: