Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Drain Fly

Diptera Psychodidae Drain Fly Wing
This fly sat on the shower door in my bathroom for a day or to and I finally awoke to the need to photograph it.  This is an 8.92x shot made with my B&L 10x objective mounted on a pentax 200mm lens.  He/she sat patiently on the door for me.


Drain Fly Camera Setup
The next day I wanted to try to get a less closeup shot.  He had moved to the brushed aluminum.  I tried to get him back to the glass but he refused.  I decided to go for the shot on the metal.  I used a Sigma 105mm mounted on 68mm extention and a mamya 50mm reversed.  This yielded a 4.96x image.


Drain Fly Closeup
After processing this image stack, I decided I needed a less closeup shot but low when I went back to make it he was walking on the floor and I baked up on the opportunity.  I wish now that I had made the shot.  Opportunity lost!

Follow Larry's Images on Instagram: 
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: