Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Phoicus phalangioides Long-bodied Cellar Spider



Phoicus phalangioides Long-bodied Cellar Spider
 I love to photograph spiders and the like.  When I told my daughter Carrie, she said, "How exciting for you!"

This spider held still for 89 captures.  I did it several times before I got this stack.

Camera Setup for Cellar Spider
I have observed this individual for some time and wanted to photograph it.  I finally got around to it the other day.

They live only in cellars.  There is no danger of them going upstairs.  They are one of the most common human associated spiders.  They can survive in relatively dry environments and may fast for many weeks between meals.  The spider has gone and I must wait for the next one to arrive.  I observed no egg baskets.  If you live in a house with a cellar or basement, you probably have these living.  Thanks to Ohio Department of Natural Resources for the information provided.

Follow Larry's Images on Instagram
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: