Saturday, September 29, 2018

Beechcraft F35

Beechcraft F35
I had a model of the Beechcraft Bonanza, this plane.  It was molded yellow plastic with a .049 glow plug engine.  I thought it was a great toy but my problem was that it was a line plane.  You stand in the center and rotate as the plane circles you.  I didn't know how to do it with out getting dizzy.  The model was built ruggedly.  I unintentionally gave it a lot of punishment.  Looking back, I can think what I might have done differently.  My brother also had one if I remember but did not play with it.  He would have been 9.  I know this all went on when I was in 7th Grade at the Perry Twp. building, 1957.

I just learned that this was an upscale civil aircraft with retractable landing gear, a powerful engine which let it cruse at 180mph with a range of 175 miles with out using reserve fuel.  It had leather seats and other comforts in the cabin.

Follow Larry's Images on Instagram
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: