Thursday, February 1, 2018

Macro Lenses and Filters


(You can click the above to see it enlarged)

Macro Lenses and Filters

I have been working on this for quite a while.  I did it because it was fun for me.

This is a summary of my macro/micro photography using my equipment.  It is quite useful to me as I do my work.  Here's how!

  1.  I can get a general idea of what setup I might want to incorporate as I photograph a given subject.  The column "Relative Size"  gives me a smallest to largest continuum. 
  2. I can look at the associated setup correlating to the relative size I have chosen.
  3. After installing the lens on the camera and the camera on the tripod or copy stand, I can look at "working distance" to find a not too rough measurement as to how far the end of the lens should be from the subject.
  4. I then shine my flashlight through the viewfinder.  It projects on the the subject platform.  I can then move the subject until it is in the lighted area.  I can fine tune the focus and begin. 
This is based on my equipment.  I have discussed my process for at least a couple months here.  You can look back for data on my equipment.

I have also made this available for you to download if you wish.  It is a PDF file with printable resolution.  Download it here

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.  
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: