Thursday, February 8, 2018

Little Bluestem




Little Bluestem, AKA  Schizachyrium scoparium
 This my favorite grass in the autumn and winter.  When I think of it I think of the short video below.  It is much shorter than big bluestem at about waist high.  As you can see from this image it disperses its seeds in the wind.  We have it growing thickly on the rise North East of the pond.  It, too, is a prairie grass.


I was especially happy to note it growing the field below Carrie and Andrew's cabin in Jackson, Co., Ohio.

Below is the best video, in my opinion, that I have made.


Goldenrod and Little Bluestem




It gets burned when they burn that rise in late winter or early spring.





Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.  
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: