Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Canon Rebel XSI

Canon Rebel XSI
I bought this camera about a year ago to use in micro photography.  I read that 12 megapixel
was the highest resolution camera one should use in micro photography.  To my knowledge, no one makes DSLRs in 12 megapixels.  This is a circa 2008 camera.  I prefer, however; using my subpro 7D and have not decided that it is worse than the XSI for this purpose.

I saw images on
mindat.org showing what happens when too high resolution camera is used. 
Ronald J. Pellar at mindat has a good essay on this subject.  I can't understand the math he
presents and can't make the calculations required.  You might want to check out Ron's essay. 
I have expressed my confusion in a reply to him.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.  
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: