Sunday, October 22, 2017

Camranger

Camranger
George Lepp mentioned the existence of this device in his column in Outdoor Photography several years ago.  As I understand it, newer Cameras have this functionality built in.  I use this device extensively.  It enables image stacking for macro photography.

The more magnification you have for closeups the less depth of field.  The best, if not the only way to rectify this problem is image stacking.  There are several good software applications for this purpose.  I use Helicon Focus.  I have tried Zerene Stacker.  Many photographers say it is the best option.  I have tried the free trial version but could not see a reason the forsake my Helicon Focus.  Photoshop CC also performs this task.

CamRanger connects to your camera if it has the correct port.  Check compatibility before buying.  CamRanger creates an ad hoc wifi network.  I have used it with my cell phone but prefer the Apple I-pad with its high res screen.  The CamRanger will show up with the existing wifi networks in your house and in the neighborhood.  Just select the CamRanger network, put in the password provided, install the CamRanger Application on your screen device and you are ready to go.


Larry's Images.com is going away! 

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: