Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Partridgeberry



Partridgeberry
This is a wildflower which is a bit of a challenge to find.  It is just after the beginning of the yellow trail and before its junction with the blue trail.  It is on the left as you are outbound.

Partridgeberry
I found it in April of 2009 while there photographing a hawk nest.  It was peaking out from the leaf litter and it had two wholes in it.  Just the kind of puzzle I like to solve.  I don't remember how I identified it.  Steve might have helped me.

Partridgeberry
The berry is formed from "twin" blooms.

Partridgeberry
Mitchella repens (partridge berry,[1][2][3][4] or squaw vine) is the best known plant in the genus Mitchella. It is a creeping prostrate herbaceous woody shrub occurring in North America belonging to the madder family (Rubiaceae). Wikipedia

I appear to have neglected its creeping aspect.  Sorry!

Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 


No comments: