Monday, April 17, 2017

Tuperssuatsiaite

I found another sample of this interesting mineral in my last shipment from Don Smoley's Min. & Gems. 519 Sequoia Dr. Pittsburgh, Penna. 15236.  This is a much better sample and I have learned from photographing it.

Tuperssuatsiaite  
This sample comes from Windhoek, Namibia.

Tuperssuatsiaite
It presents a beautiful "landscape."

Tuperssuatsiaite
The "cave" adds some mystery.

I have been visiting mindat.org to learn technique for making these images.  It is a great place and needs contributions to carry on its job.

Tuperssuatsiaite
Mindat told me that the ideal camera resolution is 12 megapixels.  I was using an 18 megapixel camera which caused me much grief and dissatisfaction.  At the time of this writing, I have not discovered the extent of how close I can get with the 12 megapixel camera.



Buy your 2017 Calendar Here 


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

 

No comments: