Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Monarch Butterfly

Monarch Butterfly Female
I was at one of my sitting spots the other day, enjoying the warm sunshine and resting from the hill climb when this Monarch landed on the goldenrod just across from me.  My bird camera was within reach and I made this shot with it.  I was hoping that it would focus that close and it did.

I had just heard on the news that morning that the Monarchs were migrating out of Canada and had stopped off at a park in Cleveland to rest.  People were reportedly flocking to see them.  The commentator said that they travel about 10 miles per day.  This one was probably in the vanguard about six days ahead.

I was pleased that I had this sighting and that I could record it.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: