Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kissling's "My Tree"

My Tree
In April, 2001; I was extremely passionate about photography and requested permission from Keith Kissling to photograph the dead tree in his pasture.  If I remember correctly, he kept his cows pinned up that night so that I could visit the field for moonrise.

My Tree at Moonrise
Just as the moon was clearing the horizon, a thunderstorm came up from the West.  I was out in the field with my equipment and it came up fast.  I had roughly a 1/3 mile to walk back to my truck.

My Tree Lit by Lightning
I had to pack up quickly, walk through the pasture, looking for cow piles by the lightning flashes, and make sure the gate was closed.  I got soaked but my equipment survived (priorities).

Kieth told me recently that the print I made (I think it is the first one) still hangs in his living room.  I have many other shots of this tree but I think these are the best.  I wonder how it would have looked from the air.  It has long since fallen.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: