Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hay Bale Shadows

Round Bales
Kieth makes round bales with a big machine.

Round Bale
The bales are big, round and HEAVY.  Stay back and don't let them roll onto you!

They provided me an interesting backdrop for the drone shadow.


Round Bale
Keith can haul only 12 to 18 of these on a long trailer.

I read that we have been making round bales for about 100 years.  My father used what we called "square bales."  They weigh about 80 pounds and a man can handle them.  I did in the day.  My first awareness of round bales was the Alis Chalmers Round baler.

I borrowed this picture from the Web.  You had to rake two windrows together.  It had a greater capacity that a square baler.  You can view it in action here 

My pictures of Kieth in action making round and square bales are yet to come.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

.

No comments: