Friday, September 11, 2015

Baling Hay

Cutting Hay
Keith uses a machine called a "Mower-conditioner."  It cuts the hay and crimps the stems for faster curing.

Raking Hay
The cured, dried, hay is then raked into windrows.   The racking is done to optimize the function of the device, baler, to follow.

Baling Hay
Keith makes two kinds of bales.  In this case he is making "square" bales.  They are not actually square but have square corners. 

Baling Hay
I used to load hay back in the day.  It seems that I loaded behind a baler once which had a thrower built onto the chute like Kieth's does.  Mostly, I had to pull the bales up onto the wagon, more work.  I used to think I had a large load when the total reached 100 bales.  Kieth puts upward of 200 bales on one wagon.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: