Saturday, July 11, 2015

New Unknown Growths

Slime Mold
I faintly remember mistaking this for a fungus at some time earlier time in my life.  If I can find solace in the this mistake, it would be because it takes many different shapes and forms.  Obviously, it is mold not fungus.

Nameless Growth
This is what attracted my eye to turn aside the day I found the crown coral mushroom.  It was on the other end of the same log.  It was after a heavy rain the previous night.  The rotten wood was literally sopping wet.  I fear that this is not a mushroom and consequently I do not plan to submit it.  I could not find anything like it in my field guide.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: