Thursday, May 7, 2015

Brown False Morel

Brown False Morel
I knew I had seen these in the book when I found them.  I was hoping to photograph a moral.  I came close.  The substraite is soil close to a rotting log.


Brown False Morel
They were growing scattered.  The tree trunk behind this one, pictured, is not the rotting log.  It was off to the right.  Many other Brown False Morels were growing all around this mushroom.  I had to be careful not to step on them.  I read that they can grow on rotting wood substrait but I have not observed any doing so.  They are not recommended to be eaten as many reputable observers have reported them to be poison.  LOOK BUT DON'T EAT!

 Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: