Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dense Blazing Star

Dense Blazing Star
I was exploring the sunlight/shade transition zone the other morning when I saw this plant.  I am thinking Deep DOF these days and decided to shoot it that way.  I used the rose holder to stabilize it and shot 39 captures.  I seem to have misjudged the closest point at which to start my series.  I was not aware of any movement of the plant but the series turned out with focus not in the expected range.  I almost threw it away but decided to try processing it anyway.  The result, as you can see, was not bad.  Much better than I expected.  The steps were small and I shot at f/2.8.

Dense Blazing Star Setup
Sometimes I get lucky.  I think this was one of them.


Larry's Images




Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: