Sunday, September 21, 2014

National Museum of the USAF

Larry & Carrie
My daughter and I recently visited the NMUSAF.  I wanted to experiment with the CamRanger.  In this image I am holding my phone from which I made this capture.

Douglas VC-118 Independance
The VC-118, aka DC-6 was the replacement for the VC-54C.  It was the aircraft to which Harry S. Truman, as President of the United States, migrated from the VC-54C.

Douglas VC=54C Sacred Cow
This is the aircraft in which Harry S. Truman signed into existence the USAF.

FDR used it previously.  It had an elevator which lifted him in a special narrow wheelchair into the plane.

Lockheed VC-121E Columbine III
The C-121 is the military version of the famed Constellation commercial transport, notice the three vertical stabilizers.  It was the plane of Dwight D. Eisenhower.


Boeing VC-127C Sam 26000 Air Force One
This aircraft flew John F. Kennedy's body from Dallas to Washington.  It was built in 1962 flying many US Presidents.  The civilian designation for this aircraft was Boeing 707-320B.

I came to terms with the CamRanger during this outing.  Still photography in this setting is decidedly a challenge and I did not produce any images which I consider even good.  I may be able to rework some next winter but maybe only one or two.

The CamRanger made a choice for me which I did not appreciate.  I had come to use ISO 800 and five captures with 2 stop range when shooting HDR manually.  That would be five captures to be processed later.  The CamRanger did not make available 5 captures always.  It went a step further and evaluated the needed number.  Sometimes it was less.  I could always eliminate any I did not need with manual shooting.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 





No comments: