Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sulphur Shelf

Sulfur Shelf Mushroom
I found this growing out of a log in the creek bed.  As far as I remember I have never seen one before.  It is so colorful!

Sulfur Shelf Mushroom
It has no gills.

Sulfur Shelf Mushroom on Log
Sulfur Shelf Mushroom on Log
I worked this mushroom as a project for several days.  On one of the days I had the idea below but was too tired to execute it so I walked on.  When I returned the next day, something or someone had destroyed the fungus.  I decided to make the image even though the mushroom was broken.

Sulfur Shelf Mushroom on Log
This composition had some inherent difficulties even though it was a cloudy day.  I would have tried to mitigate the strong light reflecting off the smooth surface of it.  A circular polarizer did not seem to do it.

Camera Setup for Sulfur Shelf Mushroom
 I had to suspend my camera from the tripod to get the position I desired.  You can see the broken parts below on the gravel of this one.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: