Monday, November 25, 2013

MAC Holiday Fair: Prints Removed

A Vernal Pool Grouping
I went by Mansfield Art Center, yesterday, to see how my prints were displayed.  I was hoping that they would have been hung together because they, together, tell a story.  I knew there was a possibility with space limitations that that would not happen.  I am told that Jerry Francl hung them.  I think that he did a good job.  They are together (good) but in a narrow hallway (bad) with a lot of traffic (good and bad).  The light is nice and diffuse.  I am unsure how they would look at night.  So far, I am happy.

The very next thing I noticed was that many were curled.  They had warped!  I took this shot.  The I noticed that the grasshopper had been dropped on its corner.  I could see that happening in the narrow hallway with people looking at the jewelry hung on the opposite wall.  I went home but I could not stand it.  I did not want them displayed in the curled condition.  I went back and removed them all.  I came home, sorted them out and found that I did not feel comfortable displaying seven of them.  I was, all the time, thinking of what could have gone wrong.  I need to talk to Jerry.  I have an important question to ask.  Were they that way when he hung them?

I weighted two last night and this morning they were flat.  I hung them here at home and have the remaining ones weighted.  I must reproduce the grasshopper.  You might want to wait a few days before you look for Larry's Images at MAC Holiday Festival 2013.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: