Friday, October 25, 2013

Spider Webs and Sunrise Cacophony

Spider Web and Reflection
I shot this one while sitting a the vernal pool.  We had rains just prior to this and the water level was up.  I thought the sun's light playing on the dew made it interesting.

Spider Web
This shot was made at or about sunrise.  I watched the sunlight move across the web.  I had been looking for a place to stop and photograph at the time of sunrise and this was it.

Incidentally, have you noticed how the birds seem to greet the sunrise with very active singing and flying.  I have noticed that it occurs as the sun hits the tree in which they are perched.  Of course, the sun hits different parts of the meadow edges at different times.  The birds in the trees on the hill do this before the ones down in the bottom by the stream.  I made a recording the other day down by the stream.  I call it "Sunrise Cacophony."   It is 52" long and is available to hear at Sunrise Cacophony .  It is at the top.

No comments: