Saturday, October 26, 2013

Foggy Frog Pond

Frog Pond
Fog gives us, photographers, the opportunity to display aerial perspective.  It really adds interest to an image.  This is an HDR capture.  I usually use -4, -2, 0, +2, +4 exposure compensation for a five frame capture.  This is the first of at least three such captures. I unintentionally had spot metering set and got an over exposed series.  In an effort to salvage the group, I loaded all five into ACR, Adobe Camera Raw, selected all five and adjusted exposure so that I did not loose detail in the sun for the -4 shot.  This involved, as I remember, a one to two stop decrease in exposure of all five.  When I processed them in Photomatix, the color came out garish.  Rather than discard the group, I decided to try the B&W conversion.  I used one of the presets in PhotoMatix to obtain this shot which I like a lot.

Frog Pond
This is the second group of five that I shot.  The aerial perspective is still there but not as strongly evident to my eye.  It is still a good shot, I think.

Frog Pond
 This is the last group shot.  Remember the sun is still rising.  The clouds are moving and the fog is burning off.  I think this is my second best series.  The aerial layers seem more evident to me.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I recently described these shots as "killer landscapes" to my daughter-in-law, Megan who is one of my strongest supporters.  She has her house filled with my photography.  I hope she sees these.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: