Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dragonfly Exuvia

Dragonfly Exuvia
I came by the vernal pool a couple weeks ago and saw a teneral dragonfly.  I became excited and hurried into position to photograph it.  Once in position I could not find it.  It must have flown off during my burst of energy.  I thought it looked like either a Common Green Darner or a Shadow Darner but did not get a shot so I am unsure.

Common Green Darner Exuvia
I have been more vigilant after that experience.  I have found several exuviǽ.  I try to watch for them flying nearby.  I even saw a larva which I will show another day.  It have been exciting to watch them and for them.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: