Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bumble Bee

Bumblebee
This bee was immobilized by dew, cool air, sleep or a combination of the above.  I placed a rose holder on the stem of the Culver's Root bloom to mitigate the effects of an ever-so-slight breeze.  I focused with live view and used mirror lock.

I thought of my grandsons, L & L, while making this image.  They are having issues with bees this summer. 

I, personally, think this is a beautiful image.  I know that most of my friends and family find this sort of shot frightening but I think it is just beautiful.  Either way, it is evocative.  It not that a definition of art?  I could go on and on.  I plan to put it on my website for sale as a print next winter when I have time.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: