Monday, August 19, 2013

Bumble Bee and Rattlesnake Master

Rattlesnake Master with Bumblebee
Bees have been in the forefront of attention for my grandsons, Lucas and Loudon.  I have had them, Lucas and Loudon, on my mind lately so I have been photographing them, the bees.  I made the boys a video about bees that I called The Bee Movie for Lucas and Loudon.  It is the last one on the page.  It is not what I considered a successful effort.  I had trouble with my video software and  the sound.  It does, however; convey the message I wanted to share.

Rattlesnake Master and Bumblebee
I have started visiting Gorman earlier in the morning recently.  We had a heavy dew and the bumble bee was apparently immobilized.  I was able to set up my tripod for these shots.  It occurred to me that I should try different exposures to give the plant and bee varying amounts of detail.

Rattlesnake Master and Bumblebee
  I also tried neutralizing the light in some of the shots.  The sun was still near the horizon and with the light at that level, I decided that I liked the warmer tones of the first and second shots in the series.

Larry's Images http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: