Saturday, June 1, 2013

Slaty Skimmer at Gorman

Slaty Skimmer Teneral Male
According to Dragonflies and Damselflies of Northeast Ohio by Rosche, Semroc, and Gilbert, the Slaty Skimmer is rare.  I am finding it anything but at Gorman.  Maybe it is just me.

May 23rd I saw the one at the top.  Please note the exuvia to the right of its head.  I find it hard to believe that such a large creature could live in such a small shell.

Slaty Skimmer Teneral male
This is the first one I saw on May 22. 

Slaty Skimmer Teneral Male
I was trying to groom my scene, at the top, when the dragonfly took to the wing.  I followed and captured this image.

The activity, I believe, based on the weather has been reduced lately.  I hope that we are headed into more suitable weather soon.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: