Friday, April 19, 2013

Duck Overload

Ring-necked Duck Drake
I was the first to arrive the other morning and I found a pair of Ring-necked ducks.  This is the drake.  They are not large and they are diving ducks.  They are migrating to spring breeding grounds.  

Ring-necked Duck Drake
The are so named because the male has a cinnamon colored band around its neck.  

Ring-necked Duck Pair
Like most duck species, the female shows only a few markings in common with the male.  They were patient with me and I made nearly 800 captures.  I finished after three days of work with less that 10% to keep and even fewer that I thought I can print.  

The experience served to remind me that I need much practice and improvement as a photographer.  I will discuss that tomorrow.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: