Monday, December 24, 2012

Crystal Christmas Tree

Crystal Christmas Tree
Merry Christmas everyone!  I wanted to be sure that I said that before I forgot.  

This is a gift I gave Carol on the Christmas before we married 15 years ago.  She has it on the mantle this year.  I borrowed it yesterday for this shoot.

As I walked downstairs to my "studio" I thought that I would like it to sparkle.  I thought of my 4-point star filter and the red backdrop for my light box.  I thought that the flash should be inside and undiffused.  I wanted blown highlights.

I did not realize that I would get really caught up in the making of the image.  Maybe it was the red (passionate color) back ground. 

Crystal Christmas Tree
I really pushed the lighting.  I ended up with a flash in each front corner of the light box.  I had enough light bouncing around in the cube to outline the tree just as I imagined.

Carol took one look and in her typically honest and straightforward way brought me back to earth when she said that the red was too much.  Thanks Carol.  I now see what you were saying.

Crystal Christmas Tree
This is the one that I like best after all the passion has subsided.  Where did the green come from?  I had no green in the light box.  Green is the complimentary color to red.  I suppose it showed up in the glass for a reason related to that fact.  Any comments?

Crystal Christmas Tree Setup

Anyway,  Best wishes for this holiday season and the the year to come!




Follow Larry's Images on Facebook 
. 
Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: