Friday, November 16, 2012

Bird Skull

Skull and Spine
This partial skeleton was given to me by someone.  I don't know if it is illegal for me to have it.  I have been told that at Gorman we must turn in dead birds and even bird feathers.  I have had it for several years and just got around to photographing it.  I am told that it came from the shores of Lake Erie.

Skull and Spine
It was most interesting to me as I photographed it, to note how is was made.

Eye Socket
I wondered if I could figure out what kind of bird but I had no success.  Any ideas?


Skull and Spine
Spine
You may note that there is some connective tissue still present.

Spine
This is the same spine from a different perspective

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: