Friday, September 7, 2012

Lens Test

Blueflag Iris
I captured this image back in late May.  It was kind of a trial of new lens, Sigma 105mm, f/2.8 macro.  I had dropped my older model and needed a fast replacement so I bought a new one which had OS, optical stabilization.  These shots were done hand held with OS on.  I am not sure of what I was thinking that day because I used a 1/250 sec shutter which should not have needed OS.

As far as composition is concerned, I tried to simplify it as I worked.  Can you tell what I removed?

Blueflag Iris
It was the little grass sprig.  I have decided later that I liked the grass in the first one better.  I suppose it might be like baby's breath in a bouquet.

I think the lens is a sharp lens.  I love it.  I plan to have my older one, also a very sharp lens, repaired at Sigma and sell either it or the newer one.

Speaking of "versicolor" from yesterday, I have never known these flowers to be anything but lavender.  I cannot print images of this flower for the same reason I may not be able to print the tall sunflower.  The color gamut for that ink/paper combination will not handle this color well.  I am hoping that printer technology will catch up with capture soon.  To my knowledge, this color does not change going to the sRGB space for the web.


 http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: