Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rock Assortment

Rock Assortment
Lilly gave me these.  They are all polished and transparent/translucent.  I have been reading Light and Lighting by Michael Freeman and came across a section on bottom lighting.  I immediately thought of these rocks.  I used my Logan slide light box.  I liked the result but thought of another way.

Rock Assortment
I used flash to show the polished surfaces of the rocks.  I really thought that it enhanced the overall image.

Settup
This is the setup that I used for the above shot.  I set ec (exposure compensation) to +2 and fec (flash exposure compensation) to 0.  As you can see, I used the Stoffen diffusers on the flash heads.  I really liked the soft highlights produced.  

   http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: