Friday, July 6, 2012

Canter's Cave 4-H Camp


Some of you will remember attending Band Camp at Canter's Cave.  The nearest I can come to it is that is was in the summer of 1971.

I recently had occasion to travel to Jackson County, Ohio and stopped to reminisce.  I met Anita who is the current camp director.  She gave me permission to walk around and make these images on this private campground.

None of the current staff were employed there in 1971.  What does this fact say about our ages?

Main Building
This building was built after our camp.


The main building which existed during our visit was located behind the concrete pad where the picnic tables sit.

Current Swimming Pool
The current swimming pool sits in one end of what I believe was the practice field where we slaved in the heat.

Current Practice Field
The current practice field sits at the end of the lane near the road.

Volleyball Court
The old swimming pool became a sand volleyball court.


I seem to remember that some of you walked the trail.  I wish I had.

I tried to remember the camp staff that we brought along.  I think that Juanita Bryant was our camp cook.  The meals were great.  Janet McConnell, a personal friend, was the camp nurse.  That is all that I remember.  Did we have sectional rehearsals?  If so, who led them?  Did we use seniors?  Did we have individuals who stayed the cabins with you?   

Your memories are probably better than mine.

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: