Friday, May 18, 2012

Why Use HDR?

GNC Frog Pond
We had a semi overcast sky the other morning.  I gave  nice diffuse light.  The sun was barely visible through the clouds.  I like such circumstances for landscape.  My first shot surprised me with all the "blinkies" on my LCD.  I quickly decided that HDR was in order.

GNC Frog Pond
The sky was an important part of the image, don't you think?  I captured five images ranging in two stop intervals from negative 4 to positive 4 exposure compensation.  I used Photomatix to combine them.  

I thought this an opportunity not to waste.   

GNC Vernal Pool
I liked this sky above the vernal pool also.  This was shot with: Canon EOS 7D, Sigma 10 to 20mm  f/4-5.6 lens at f/16.  Shutter speeds were 1/350, 1/90, 1/20, 1/6, .7.  I used a Manfrotto 3021 tripod.  I used my trusty double bubble level and mirror lock on the camera and a shutter remote.

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


 

No comments: