Friday, May 25, 2012

Toads Again?

American Toads
They come to the pool from the woods to mate.  I have seen these tadpoles in a puddle near the woods.  They are black or near black.  It takes the eggs 3 to 10 days to hatch.  The tadpoles mature in 30 to 40 days.  The young toads may stay around the pool for a short time before returning to the woods.  They are amphibians like the frog.

American Toad


This is a small toad my stepdaughter found at her house.  It was not nearly as big as those previously photographed.  I think this one was a young one from this season.  Maybe it had just returned from the pool or pond.

American Toad
I tried to shoot video clips of this little guy.  I have decided that I need two more LED lights for it.  Please, Santa Clause?  He did move his head and move the skin under his chin.  I assume that is breathing.  

American toad
http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: