Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Red-winged Blackbird

Red-winged Blackbird

Shutter Priority gives me the choice of what shutter speed I want depending on the type of action I am photographing.  (Forgive me if you already know this.)  I am discovering that the correct speed will give me sharpness in slower moving parts and blur in faster moving parts like the wing tips.

Red-winged Blackbird


As I came home to process these shots,  I started looking at the bird's details and began to notice how sharp the beak is.  

Red-winged Blackbird

I noticed that he looked a little like a serious eagle in the face.  I also noticed how sharp and long his talons (not shown) were.  I knew this bird was defending his territory and protecting his female (one of many), who was feeding the young.

Red-winged Blackbird Female
She was also upset about my presence but not as aggressive as he.  The experience of processing these images gave me pause about the circumstances.  I was more gentle in my approach after that.

Red-winged Blackbird Female
http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.





No comments: