Sunday, October 9, 2011

Spider Web

Spider Web
We have many spider webs at Gorman these days.  The dew in the morning makes them show up.  I have to believe that this spider will be back to finish the job unless a bird ate him.  This is, no doubt, the framework of his web.  I like making the web sharply focused with a soft, almost dreamy, background.  I think that the plant is the Tall Sunflower or Prairie Dock about which we have talked at another time.

It is important to get the sensor as parallel to the web as possible.  Usually the webs are not perfectly flat so that presents a problem.  I do the best that I can.  I then try to be sure that I have enough DOF, depth-of-field, dialed into the f/stop to cover it.  That means a slow shutter so I watch for wind.  I try to hold the lowest ISO setting that I can.  If need be, I can get a faster shutter speed with a higher setting but if it is moving that much, it will probably move out of the range of DOF.  Did I say that it is hard to photograph spider webs?
 

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: