Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Leaf and Dime

Leaf and Dime
Would you stop to look at a dime on a Lily-pad Leaf?  I asked my wife Carol that question.  Carol, my toughest critic, said she would so I thought that it would be worth showing.  I have never seen such a thing.  It was below the raised part of a walkway over the pond surface.  I suppose that someone either dropped it or threw it.  The split in the leaf makes me think that it was at least tossed without enough force to puncture the leaf.  I think it started through but did not make it.
I shot this with my Sigma 50 - 500 mm lens.  I hooked the lens foot on the railing and discovered that it was too close for the lens to focus.  I added a 36mm Kenko extension tube and it focused nicely.  I kind of judge whether I would walk across the gallery to see it.  I think that I would for this one.  I think that it would generate attention and comments.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: