Monday, October 17, 2011

Four and Five-leaved Clovers

Four-leaved Clover
This one has not opened fully.  It is on that plant that was mowed off earlier.  The warm weather has brought on more growth.

Five-leaved Clover
I was thinking this morning after viewing the plant yet again, that there is probably a different technical name for it.  As I understand the terms, if the flower stem grows out of the same point as the leaf stem then the three, four or five "things" are really called lobes.  I think that it would be correctly called a five-lobed clover leaf.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

When learned about poison ivy, they told me it have three leaves.  I think that the same applies.  It has three lobes to the leaf.

Let's see, there ought to be one or more other plants like this but their names escape me at the moment.  Sorry.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: