Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time-Lapse

Morning Clouds
This one has even less spectacular clouds.  I will hit it one of these mornings.  In a Alfred Hitchcock like move, I appear in this video.  You must watch carefully!  Let me know if you can't find me. You will probably need to view it full screen.

For this one I chose an interval of 18 sec. between exposures.  There are 222 captures total.  I fixed the wobble in the tripod.  I used my Canon 20D with a Sigma 17-35 mm lens.  It was threatening rain so I placed a 1 1/2 gal. ziploc bag over camera and lens.  The bag had a hole cut in the bottom and I secured it around the lens with a rubber band.  The Intervelometer I am using is a Remote Cord 36b.  I bought it on e-bay for $ 39.00.  It was made in China.  It is not water proof so I put it in a plastic bag too.  There were rain showers in the area as I left home.  It sprinkled a little while I was there.  As I do for landscapes, I used a double bubble level to set the horizontal axis on the camera.  

I have discovered how to integrate this process into my workflow.  I process to the smallest file size available in Adobe bridge.  I check one of the images for the settings in bridge.  I then save those settings (upper right of bridge settings window).  I close that one and open them all in bridge.  I load the settings and it applies to all of them.  I use tools, batch rename to name the files.  I can also move them to another folder from Bridge.  I then open PS and file, automate, batch to make them ready for the video editing software.  The action in PS that I created is as follows:  (This incorporates some saved settings for curves)  Open, curves, assign profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1, image size of 640 pixels wide and resolution of 72 per inch.  Save as JPEG quality: 12 and close.  I send them to another folder.

I use AVS Video Editor.  I import them.  I have previously set edit, settings, edit, default durations, image/color to .042 sec.  This gives a frame rate of 24/sec.

Once I have created the video, I produce it into the folder in which I save my images for that day.  I do save a copy of all the Raw files so that I can make it again, print any one of them or just go back check camera data.

If you made it this far, you probably would like to try this.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions. 

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: