Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More of Airport Day.

Beechcraft Biplane
This was a beautiful display item!  It comes complete retractable landing gear and tail wheel.  That prop is chrome.
Mooney M2OR Ovation 2
This plane had some interesting angles.  I would say that it is a deluxe model.

T-51 3/4 Scale P51
I have heard lots about the P51.  I, at first, thought I was seeing one for the first time.  I soon realized that it was too small.  This person built his from a kit.  It has a V-6 auto engine in it.  He is a machinist and is planning on making parts for a full sized mockup.  

T51 cockpit
The pilot told me that this plane is a lot more docile than the real P51.  I don't quite follow that since I have heard that the P51 was a pilot's plane and was loved.

After the war, I have heard that good condition P51's could be had for $2000.00.  Now, if you can find them, they go for upwards of $1,000,000.00.  Wish I could fly!


F-100 Super Sabre

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: