Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dragonflies!

Twelve-spotted Skimmer
I have long wished for a way to backlight my prints.  I think that this one would benefit from it.  You are viewing it backlit on the monitor.  I recently read about a process called Encaustic.  You dip the print in a mixture of bees wax and something which makes it translucent.  You can then mat and frame it without a back.  You then display it so that light can strike the back.

Ruby Meadowhawk
I don't see these around the pools that much.  They seem to stay in the meadow.

Common Green Darner
This is one of the larger and stronger flying dragonflies.  That might be why it is one of my favorites!  They appeared on July 12th this year.  I have read that this darner has been observed migrating but we do not know much about that.

Common Green Darner
The other dragonflies did not welcome the Common Green Darner.  They tried to run it off but I doubt that they will succeed.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: