Friday, June 24, 2011

Lily Pads, beautiy on the pond.

Twin-spotted Spiketail
I found this dead dragonfly floating among the lily pads the other morning.  I felt sad about its death but saw beauty as it floated there.  I have never seen this before.  I wondered if something might eat it soon.  (It was not there the next morning.)  I thought it made an interesting shot.

Water Lily
I think of a white swan or a dancing fairy when I view these.  They tend to close at night and are not as bright on cloudy days.  I don't get the same feeling from viewing them at those times as I do on a sunny day.  I decided that I must photograph it on a sunny day.  That is not an easy assignment because there is too much contrast for my camera.  I decided to try to make an HDR (high dynamic range) image of it.  I shot it with ec (exposure compensation) of -2, -1, 0.  I made three captures and combined them using HDR software.  Since I am thinking about idealized subjects, I removed the holes from the petals and leaves.  I really think that I get the same feeling when I view this as I do when I see them on the pond.  I hope that you do too.

Water Lily
This is one I captured using a diffusing filter to soften the light.  This helped me avoid using the HDR technique.  I was on an elevated walk and could hold the diffuser while making the shot.   

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: