Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Insects from Jackson County

Slaty Skimmer Dragonfly
My daughter and her husband have a cabin in Jackson County.  I was there on a recent visit and had a chance to photograph some of the insects.  I was sitting, literally, in the pond on my milk carton when I made all the captures except the butterfly.
Slaty Skimmer
The pond bottom is very gradual at the location where I sat in about 6 - 8 inches of water.  I really think that the insects are hams and like to have their pictures taken.

Vesper Bluet
This damselfly was laying eggs, ovipositing.

Eastern Amberwing
This is a small dragonfly.  I have photographed it at Gorman but not with this beautiful background.

Great Spangled Fritillary Butterfly
They had more of this butterfly than I have ever seen in one place, even at Gorman.  The Milkweeds are in full bloom but at Gorman I have only seen one budded.

For those unfamiliar with Ohio, Jackson is about 2 1/2 hours south of Mansfield.

 http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


No comments: