Monday, June 27, 2011

Alsike Clover

Alsike Clover
I was photographing this clover when a friend, whose name I do not know, and his wife came along the trail.  I was remembering that I had called it Dutch Clover the last time I photographed it.  He seemed to think that it was Alsike.  I ran it through Newcomb's Field Guide and sure enough that it what it was.  I did not have Newcomb's when I photographed it previously. 

Interestingly, the morning was warming and I had just removed my black fleece vest.  I was getting a lot of ground clutter in the background so I threw the vest in as a background.  It caused my subject to stand out dramatically.

I seem to remember hearing my father talk about this clover when discussing what clover seed to buy/plant.


http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: