Monday, May 9, 2011

Goslings at Gorman!

They were born!

You may remember my discussion about the empty nest in a previous blog.  The eggs disappeared and I had given up hope in photographing the little ones.  The other morning, I walked to the pond and there they were, the whole family!  

I am wondering what happened to the eggs.  I doubt that the geese could have moved them.  I suspect a human.  But I still have questions.  Would the geese follow a next relocation!  To where was it moved?  At my last observation, I counted 5 eggs.  I counted 7 goslings in this picture.   

I have not observed any geese on the pond since the nest disappeared.  Where have they been?  There is a pond on the property next to the nature center.  I think that I saw them walking around that pond later the same day I made this shot.  They, as I assume, will be around for a while.  I don't know how old the little ones must be before they can fly.  

I want to talk to Jan Ferrell about this mystery!


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: