Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sidney, Ohio visit

Shelby County Courthouse
I recently traveled to Sidney, OH for family reasons.  Some of you might remember the town.  It is the county seat of Shelby County.

The "Spot to Eat" in Sidney
I met my brother, Craig, at the Spot for lunch.  Our Mother worked right across the street from the Spot and we came to love the place because of her.  I don't remember eating there as a high school student.  There is an interpretive marker out front stating that former president George W. Bush ate there in 2004 on a campaign trip through the area.

CR Frame Shop

This building used to contain Tanger's Furniture and Appliance Store.  Jim Sarver and I worked there about the time of graduation in 1963.  It was my second job away from the farm.  I worked there some summers when I came home from college.

Lee's Chinese Restaurant

A couple doors down was the White Front Bar and Grill.  It is now Lee's Chinese Restaurant.  The White Front had what was considered by some to be the best tenderloin sandwich.  It was a treat for me to have one on occasion.  

I had only a short time while waiting for my brother.  Some of the other places I saw was the Old Jail which was right on the corner as we drove into town from the East.

Old Jail at Sidney, OH
I had a friend in high school named Jerry Ginn.  I remember asking him if he had any connection to the Ginn Grain Company.  I am trying to remember his answer.  I kind of think it was either distant or none.  Anyone know?

Ginn Grain Company




http://www.larrysimages.com/



Blog


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: